The city of Groningen is often referred to as the bicycle capital of the world. About 60 percent of all trips made is on a bicycle. This unique feature attracts a lot of (international) public. Therefore, we are offering a new service to (international) groups: the Bike Experience Groningen.
During this experience, urban planning students combine their local knowledge with professional expertise to enable you to experience Groningen as we do every day: on a bike! Besides, we also collaborate with other local experts to make the experience even more valuable. Based on your preferences, we offer a tailored tour in which you could for example choose from the following:
- A presentation on the cities’ cycling history, the importance of the Traffic Circulation Plan and the new Cycling Strategy. Besides, we’ll focus on the catalytic effect of triple helix coalitions on the cities’ cycling climate pursuit.
- Cycling-related design workshops focusing on urban planning and urbanism.
- A bike tour during which we visit the cycling hot spots, such as the bike parking at the railway station that accommodates over 5000 bikes, the Smart Cycling Routes to the university campus and the ‘All-green’ intersections.
Are you interested in participating in our Bike Experience? Please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following organizations have already experienced ‘Groningen Cycling City':
- Arizona State University, ‘Sustainability Summerschool’, US
- Bandung Institute of Technology, Indonesia
- University of Reading, UK
- University of Amsterdam, Summerschool ‘Planning the City’, NL
- Winterschool “Pathways to Sustainable Futures…”, Brazil